Thursday, July 3, 2008

Web Conferencing: Make the most of Summertime

Every year in the customer side of my business we experience the dog days of summer for a few weeks. This summer I'm using these dog days as an opportunity to really focus on our team SEO campaign. A few years ago I buckled down and did an SEO campaign the hard way and it took about 6 to 8 weeks to hit the top of google for my keywords. Since then I have participated on a few team SEO campaigns what a difference that makes, when everybody is working as a team! I don't remember exactly how long it took to get noticed in the Search Engines but it didn't take long.

I have learned when working as a team you must focus on what is best for the team and it's members first. In the Veretekk platinum control panel you have 2 links that can be configured to what ever links you choose. At first glimpse I thought our team site RSS feed should be one link, but decided on my capture page forwarding to a rotator and our team forum instead.

Let me explain...

I know that people buy from people and they don't care how much you know till they know how much you care. Hopefully that makes sense to you. Bottom line to really have success online you need to promote yourself not the products or the company your represent. It's all about you, that's one reason social networking is working so well that many brick and mortar companies are hiring marketing people just to do social marketing for them.

So here's what we are doing on my SEO team, when someone decides to optin from my capture page they are directed to a rotator where each team members site is rotated in. This makes a huge benefit for the SEO team member. The SEO team member can take advantage of the years of experience I have online and the brand/image I've worked diligently on to create. I and the SEO team member will be working with the newest person getting them going. It's a win win situation for everyone. Over time each SEO team member will be taught to create their own brand/image online and branch off with a Veretekk Platinum Control Panel for their team.

This is has been my vision, now it's a plan that's taken action. How about you? Do you have a vision for your business? One great trait of leadership is having a vision. Have you ever heard the saying "You must stand for something or you'll fall for everything". I see this happening lots with online businesses. As a leader, you must first have a strong vision then learn to communicate your vision to the your team.

Here's how you do that...

Learn to paint a picture with words. Speak it. Write it. Draw it. Touch it. Whatever methods you can use to create a picture. Just do it, as they say. "A picture is worth a thousand words."

Ask a few of your team members to tell you in their own words about your vision. How close is it to what you thought they understood? Is your team on the same page as you?

As you work, your vision should be on your mind everyday. You should re-evaluate it occasionally so it stays current with the pulse of the Internet. Remember your team must be just as involved as you are with change. How about you does your team communicate daily and/or have weekly web conferences keeping everyone in the loop? Our team does.

A few weeks ago I shared with you my formula for success. Here it is again: Skills + Strategies + Testing + Fine Tuning Based on Results = Online Success, Now during dog days of summer is the perfect time to expand your skills and create your vision of running your own successful business.

The Clock is ticking... Franchise Business Online

Cindy McAsey
888-272-6701
Web Conferencing Service